Amman | Beirut | Damascus | Dubai | West Africa
How Much Does A Stairlift Cost?
The stairlift cost depends on the staircase shape .
How much does a Stairlift cost? Buying a new stairlift can be a liberating investment, restoring safety and freedom to people with mobility problems so that they are able to continue living comfortably in their own homes.
How to estimate the cost of your Stairlift.
To estimate a stair lift cost realistically takes several factors into account.
- You will need to Find the best Stairlift suitable for your situation. Do you need a Straight Stairlift or a Curved Stairlift or a wheelchair Platform Stairlift?
- How many bends in your staircase, and the height of the bulkheads (overhead clearance)?
- The length and angle of your stair case, and how far the Stairlift needs to extend beyond the last bottom and top steps to make it safe and practical to use.
- The available width and also whether or not there are any handrails or obstructions that need to be removed.
- Are there obstructions at the top/bottom of the staircase? This could mean the addition of a powered hinge rail, or remedial works (moving radiators etc) at the time of installation.
- The actual purchase price of the equipment, features and quality
What else affects the Stairlift cost?
In addition, the following will also impact the price.
- The cover and duration of the warrantee.
- The details in the maintenance contract.
- Whether local regulation require you to pay a Sales Tax (VAT) on your Stairlift.
- How far will the Stairlift needs to be shipped from the Manufacturer’s location. Unlike European markets, the cost of a Stairlift for the Middle East will include additional shipping fees to your country, and is subject to additional import duty and clearing charges.
What is included in the Stairlift Cost?
At Home Mobility, our prices account for all the above, as well as:
- Free home assessment by a qualified technician, to ensure you choose the correct Stairlift solution
- A free 3D survey of your staircase, allowing you to see a virtual representation of a final solution, and how your Stairlift will look in real life.
- The cost of installation is included in the price
Making an Economical Choice
To make sure you are looking at a quality product from a reputable supplier like Handicare, you can look for organizations such as the British Health Care Trades Association (BHTA) or UK Government’s Trust Mark Scheme for independent guidance on what to look for. Our suppliers are leading in European manufacturers, that produces excellent, high-quality stairlifts that are safe and reliable.
When estimating the cost of a Stairlift, it is essential not to confuse low price with value for money. A stairlift that requires a control button to be pressed will offer less practical value for someone suffering from arthritis than a stairlift with a joystick or attendant control. The quality of the maintenance contracts and warranties offered also need to be carefully considered.
How can I find out more?
At Home Mobility, we will give you an honest price based on your exact needs and circumstances. We won’t try to sell you something that you do not want or need and we’ll give you all the information you need to make an informed decision in your own time.
Home Mobility offers you a completely free, no-obligation home survey and assessment. By visiting your home, we answer all your questions make sure you get the stairlift that fits your staircase. To help you visualize what your new stairlift will look like in your home we use our unique app that can illustrate how different stairlifts will look on your staircase.
Make an enquiry
Appointment | Brochure | Quote | Question
Complete the form & we will get back to you.