Amman | Beirut | Damascus | Dubai | West Africa
What Does A Stairlift Cost?
What Does A Stairlift Cost in Beirut or Amman?
Home Stairlifts prices vary widely depending on where you live, the manufacturer, model, your needs, the options you choose, and the relevant applicable Local Sales Taxes (VAT). To help you determine how much a stairlift will cost, we gathered some figures to show you what impacts the price of stairlifts in Lebanon (Beirut) and Jordan (Amman), including estimates for the cost of installation and maintenance.
A Stairlift (aka Stair Lift, Chair Lift, Glider Lift, Home Lift) is a mechanical device for lifting people up and down stairs. For sufficiently wide stairs, a rail is mounted to the treads of the stairs. Home Stairlifts have a chair on a power pack attached to the rail. A person gets onto the chair and is lifted up or down the stairs by the chair which moves along the rail.
So if you live in our part of the world, what does a stairlift cost in Lebanon or Jordan ?
Stairlift cost before local Sales taxes!
A basic, straight stairlift is usually priced in the range of $3,300 to $5,000 (+tax). Higher-end models typically average around $5,000 to $7,000 (+tax). Curved stairlifts average around $11,000 (+tax), but the price can go up to $17,000 (+tax) and higher depending on the complexity of your staircase.
Local Sales Tax or VAT
In some countries, Stairlifts are subject to Local SalesTax, also known as VAT. You will also need to add these taxes to your cost (Lebanon 11%, Jordan 16%)
Of course, buying a stairlift with additional features costs extra, but is often worth the price if the lift will be used multiple times each day.
Options You Choose Can Increase Stairlift Costs
Many stairlifts include comfort and convenience features, but whether a feature is standard or optional, it may affect the final price. While swivel seats, safety belts, and a battery backup usually come standard, the features and upgraded stairlift technology below will add to the stairlift’s cost:
- Lift-up footrests
- Lift-up armrests
- Seats that tilt or perch
- Fold-up hinged rails (manual or automatic)
- Stairlifts that curve away from the staircase when parked
Beyond convenience, features affecting the cost of stairlifts can be based on how customized your stairlift rail needs to be. Consider things like:
- Outdoor stairlift: Stairlifts rugged enough to withstand the weather outdoors.
- Customization: Curved stairlifts are custom made to your staircase and are more expensive to manufacture, so the cost is passed on to you.
- Number of steps: If your staircase has more than 14 steps, a longer rail length is required which increases the price.
- Weight requirements: Basic and mid-priced stairlifts usually have a weight limit of 90 to 136 KG. If you need a stairlift to carry more weight, you will likely have to buy a heavy-duty model.
What is the Cost of Installing a Stairlift?
Home Mobility installs Stairlifts in Lebanon, Syria and Jordan. They include the cost of labour to install the lift in the price tag, and a qualified dealer representative will install the stairlift for you. Installing a stairlift yourself is usually not a good idea due to safety concern so be sure yours is installed by a trained professional. If not included in the price, the cost of the stairlift installation can cost up to $2,000 depending on the complexity of your staircase.
The installation process usually takes approximately half a day. Curved lifts are pre-measured and custom fitted, so you’ll need to add the additional time for a more complicated installation (likely taking a day.)
Additional installation cost can be incurred if there is an electrical outlet nearby. If you do not have an electrical outlet near the top or bottom of the stairs, you will need to have one installed by a licensed electrician.
Stairlift Maintenance and Repair Costs
- Yearly maintenance checks: To keep your stairlift safe and in good working order it is a good idea to arrange an annual maintenance check. Home Mobility representative will come by to perform routine maintenance to make sure your lift is in proper working order. A yearly maintenance charge will run $100–$200, or approximately $70 per hour. Check your owner’s manual to see when your stairlift is due for service.
- Home Mobility provide a yearly lift maintenance program, which requires an annual fee for regular lift service. Ask your dealer for details. If your lift is still under warranty contact the original dealer or installer for service, or call the manufacturer.
- Cost of batteries: A stairlift backup battery automatically charges on the rail. Your service technician will check the battery to see if it needs replacement.
For many seniors, climbing stairs can become difficult as they age. A stairlift will help your loved one maintain their mobility and independence in the years ahead.
Make an enquiry
Appointment | Brochure | Quote | Question
Complete the form & we will get back to you.