What Does A Stairlift Cost...
Amman | Beirut| Dubai | West Africa
... in our part of the world!
To help you determine how much a stairlift will cost, we gathered some figures to show you what impacts the price of stairlifts in Lebanon, UAE and Jordan. Stairlifts prices vary widely depending on:
- Where you live
- Manufacturer specification and model type
- Your needs
- Local Sales Taxes (VAT)
- Installation charges
- Maintenance and servicing fees.
So if you live in our part of the world, what does a stairlift cost ?
How does a stairlift work?
The quoted price of a stairlift in our part of the world includes shipping, customs duty and other taxes and transport costs charged locally.
- A basic straight stairlift is usually priced in the range of $3,300 to $5,000 (+Sales Tax/VAT), while higher-end models typically average around $5,000 to $7,000 (+Sales Tax/VAT).
- A basic curved stairlifts average around $11,000 (+Sales Tax/VAT), but the price can go up to $17,000 (+Sales Tax/VAT) and higher depending on the complexity of your staircase.
Ask About Next Day Installation!
In some countries, stairlifts are subject to Sales Tax, or VAT. You will also need to add these taxes to your cost.
- Lebanon 11% (VAT)
- Jordan 16% (Sales Tax)
- UAE 5% (VAT)
Need Help Choosing A Stairlift?
Many stairlifts include comfort and convenience features, but whether a feature is standard or optional, it may affect the final price. While swivel seats, safety belts, and a battery backup usually come standard, the features and upgraded options will add to the stairlift’s cost.
Beyond convenience, features affecting the cost of stairlifts can be based on how customized your stairlift rail needs to be. Consider things like:
- Outdoor stairlift: Stairlifts rugged enough to withstand the weather outdoors.
- Customization: Curved stairlifts are custom made to your staircase and are more expensive to manufacture, so the cost is passed on to you.
- Number of steps: If your staircase has more than 14 steps, a longer rail length is required which increases the price.
- Weight requirements: Basic and mid-priced stairlifts usually have a weight limit of 90 to 136 KG. If you need a stairlift to carry more weight, you will likely have to buy a heavy-duty model.
We Answer Your Questions.
- Home Mobility stairlifts are installed by trained qualified installer, and this is included in our price.
- Installing a stairlift yourself is usually not a good idea due to safety concern so be sure yours is installed by a trained professional. If not included in the price, the cost of the stairlift installation can cost up to $2,000 depending on the complexity of your staircase.
See Our Latest Installations!
- Yearly maintenance checks to keep your stairlift safe and in good working order it is a good idea. Home Mobility representative will come by to perform routine maintenance to make sure your lift is in proper working order.
- A yearly maintenance charge will run $100–$200, or approximately $70 per hour. Check your owner’s manual to see when your stairlift is due for service.
- Battery will need replacement every 2 years on average, and the replacement costs can vary between $50 and $150. They can be supplied by your local service technician, who will check the battery to see if it needs replacement.
Home Mobility provide a yearly lift maintenance program, which requires an annual fee for regular lift service. Ask your dealer for details. If your lift is still under warranty contact the original dealer or installer for service, or call the manufacturer.
Join Our Professionals Page.
Make an enquiry
Appointment | Brochure | Quote | Question